Friday, December 28, 2007

Staged homes sell first!


Staged homes sell first! Why would anyone question that? Before I decided to devote my energies to home staging full time I put in 15 years in residential real estate. I learned 2 simple truths that remain true today, if your house is priced competitively and shows great, it will sell. No question about it.

So just what is it that makes a house show great? I suspect that is where the confusion comes in. Decorating a home to live in and staging a house to sell are completely different animals. To add to the confusion every home is different, even if the floor plan is the same as another down the street, something as basic as the orientation of the house on the lot will affect the way the sunlight plays in the rooms.

There are a million variables that can affect the way a buyer feels inside a house. That is what staging is all about, enhancing the feel of the home so that it speaks to the buyer, invites them in to stay and make this place their home.

There is nothing deceptive about staging, in fact the exact opposite is true. If a room is so full of furniture and stuff that the buyer is distracted and completely misses the fireplace and the awesome windows, the seller is not the only one to suffer. The buyer loses out on what may have been the perfect home because they could not evaluate the home accurately. Home staging is a solution that benefits all involved; buyer, seller, and agent.

So stayed tuned, I will blog as I stage and share with you some tips that anyone can use to make their home or home listing more salable. I will address your questions so please feel free to send them my way, my blog email address is lauragurrad@gmail.com